We are looking for an InDesign specialist who (1) has an understanding of how CAT tools work, (2) can apply this knowledge into preparing neat and translation-friendly InDesign files, and (3) is comfortable with multilingual typesetting of post-translation contents.
Big points added for the command of any of CAT tools (e.g. SDL Trados), mastering GREP styles, XML knowledge, and/or experience in writing scripts for InDesign.
In a nutshell, you will work as a hybrid member of the Translation Team and Design Team and be involved in the preparation of InDesign files in the source language as well as in +20 target languages.
Ideally, you have worked with DTP projects in an LSP / translation agency / localization department in the past
- Work closely with the Translation Team and Design Team to develop source/target-language InDesign files, technical drawings and/or user manuals
- Text layout and multilingual typesetting, Desktop Publishing based on clients’ briefing and internal guidelines
- Creating technical illustrations for user manuals, either up from scratch or amendments of existing illustrations
- Work side-by-side with the Translation Team members in order to improve existing Translation Memories
- 3 year of typesetting experience, preferably in localization industry (in a Language Service Provider, Translation Department)
- Higher Diploma or above in Graphic/ Packaging/ Art Design or related disciplines
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop
- Understands how layout and formatting in InDesign impacts on the user interface of CAT (computer-assisted translation) tools
- Creative and initiative team player who is also self-organized and can independently work on a diversity of projects with tight schedule
- Willing to learn and cope with fast pace working culture
- Enthusiastic person with a can-do attitude
- Portfolio links shall be provided in the resume
- Candidates with less experience will be considered for a junior position
- Immediate availability preferred
- Willing to work on-site (Ortigas, Pasig)
To apply please contact John Rex Alfaro (HR/Admin Assistant) via: +63 948 884 4556 or +63 9957159911
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org